Thursday, August 10, 2017

Welcome, my friends! Here is where it all starts...






Hello and Welcome to The Carefully Curated Life!

I thought for my first blog post, I'd share with you a bit of me:  What I'm all about.  This will give you a basic look into what to expect from this blog and from MOI!

I love high-end everything.  There.  I've said it.  Wine.  Shoes.  Handbags.  Makeup.  Kitchen appliances.  All high-end.  All of it.  I love to travel First Class, although I only do it if I get a great deal.  It feels so good to have said all of this!

I think that as women,  everything in our lives should be as calm and as elegant as possible.  Of course, that may mean something very different for me than it does for you.  But I stand by my statement.  Whatever elegance means to you, I think you deserve to have it in your life.  That's right. You deserve it.  We all deserve it. 

I believe that everyone can have pretty much anything they want in their lives - once they choose to make it a priority.  What we focus on will always grow.  So as soon as we stop focusing on the lack in our lives, and begin to focus on what we desire, we will find those desires growing and manifesting and coming true!  

I am also a 'less is more' sort of woman.  I am learning to combine my love of luxury with a life of minimalism.  It isn't as contradictory as it may sound.  I'm finding that as I remove the clutter and the "junk" from my life, what I have left is a life full of the high-end pieces and items that truly make me happy. The more I surround myself with only the items that I love, the more fulfilling my life becomes!  

It is definitely a journey.  I began my decluttering process along with my carefully curating process a few months ago and I'm starting to see a big difference in the feel of my home.  The more I see the things I love all around me, the more I see a difference in the way I feel day to day.  A beautiful, cleansing feeling comes to us when we start to rid our lives of the things that no longer represent who we have chosen to become!  And this decluttering process is an extremely effective way to begin this new journey of growth.  You'll read a great deal more on this concept in upcoming posts.  

Being a woman who grew up in Pittsburgh, PA, in a middle class, hard working family, it took a while for me to realize that I had a passion for luxury and a deep appreciation for the high-end.  Once I realized this, and saw that there was no good reason that everyone couldn't have access to a beautiful life, things began to get very exciting for me.  

When the lightbulb went on over my head, it all suddenly made sense to me.   One great handbag rather than 6 cheap ones.  One or two glasses of Veuve Clicquot Champagne rather than an entire bottle of the $7 bubbly.  A small amount of Godiva Chocolate rather than two candy bars.  Wow!  I felt great!!!  Saving up from two paychecks to purchase a Chanel Powder rather than impulse purchasing the $3 powder at the grocery store.  That Chanel powder was my very first high-end purchase.  I was 18 years old and my Mum thought I was insane.  It made perfect sense to me!  

As I grew up and learned more about life, I realized that part of my journey to all things luxe meant dealing with the people who were closest to me.   My parents wondered where I came from.  My brothers thought I was the biggest snob in the world.  It's all ok now.  They love me for who I am and occasionally seek out my opinion on things!  

But please don't misunderstand me.  I am not a snob.  Not even a little bit.  I have always been supremely grateful for everything I have and everything I learn.  The last thing in the world I am is better than anyone else.  Far from it.  I just learned what I love.  And I share it generously with everyone around me.  

So.  While I am being all of these things:
Pittsburgh girl
Dallas girl
Luxe aficionado
Minimalist
...and more...

I'm also a Certified Master Life Coach, a student of several mentors, the creator of several day planners and the author of one fun self discovery book.  There will be more blog posts, more writing and another book coming soon, but for now I'll leave you with this:

Take exquisite care of yourself, both physically and emotionally.  Figure out what you love and surround yourself with it.  And for God's sake, upgrade to First Class.  You deserve it.

With love,

Donna 


No comments:

Post a Comment