Monday, September 18, 2017

A Little Edit In, A Little Edit Out!






Welcome to another post from The Carefully Curated Life!  I want to thank you and tell you that I'm SO excited that you're reading this!  As this blog progresses, I'll be covering all sorts of lifestyle topics from attitudes to desires to living well to handbags and lipstick!  This is going to be great fun. If there is a specific topic you'd like me to write about, please leave me a comment below or email me directly at curateddonna@gmail.com and I'll get right on it!

In the meantime, let's get back to our little series on living the life you dream of!  Last week we were looking for things we could add to our current daily lives that would give us the feeling of living our best lives.  Did that go well for you?  If not, keep looking for things you can add to your life.  Even very small things can give you the feeling that you are living a great life!

For our purposes, we're going to call the process of adding, "Editing In."  The more you can find to edit into your current life from the perfect life that you have notes on, the more you'll attract more of that perfect life.  After all, when we think about what we want our lives to look like, and what we truly desire, what we are searching for is the FEELING we'll have once we have "made it."  For example, I may have a desire to lose weight and be thin and look great in my clothes.  But what it all boils down to is that I want to FEEL thin.  I want to FEEL healthy.  I want to FEEL like I look like a million bucks.  I want the feeling of looking great naked!  Don't you?  Anything can be covered up, but I want to feel like a million bucks at all times.  Clothed or not!  (Don't tell my mum!)

So knowing how I want to FEEL, I must ask myself this:  "What would it take to feel that way right this minute?"  Well weight doesn't just show up one day and it won't all go away in one day either. So perhaps I can take a little more time when I get dressed in the morning, so I look my best.  Perhaps I can take a bit more time putting on my makeup.  What I definitely need to do is find an outfit that looks STUNNING on me RIGHT NOW, THE SIZE I AM TODAY.  Because I want to feel good. And there is no reason that I shouldn't be able to feel good right now.  Why wait until...?

The idea of living in the most beautiful house in the world makes me super excited - and relaxed at the same time.  So what can I edit into my current life that will create that feeling of super excitement and relaxation?  I'll tell you right now, I can edit in the good China and the Crystal glasses that are getting dusty in the cabinet!  Why not use them?  Am I saving them for the afterlife?  I'm going to edit OUT the Red Solo Cups and edit in the good stuff!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using your good China every day.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with using my Baccarat Crystal to drink my orange juice in the morning.  Also, I put one of the champagne flutes in my bathroom, where it stands proudly, holding my toothbrush!  And I FEEL elegant, even drinking OJ and brushing my teeth!  And not to be repetitive, but the more elegance I FEEL, the more elegance I attract, and I want as much of that as I can find!

So now, let's talk for a moment about EDITING OUT.  When you look around your house, your life, even your car, what do you need to get rid of?  When I first began this process and looked in my lingerie drawer - which at the time I was calling my underwear drawer - I saw lots of items that no longer fit, or had been washed beyond their lifespan, were stretched out, T-shirts that were stained from my self-tanner.  Of course I could have continued wearing them, but how would that make me feel?  Not so elegant, my friend.  In fact, they made me feel the opposite of elegant.  So out they went.  I kept the nicer pieces and either donated or threw away the things that no longer represented who I wanted to become.

I looked in my junk drawer.  Wow.  What a bunch of CRAP!  I did go through it and I found a few quarters and pennies to put into my change container (which happens to be an vintage Gucci makeup bag) and everything else?  Edited OUT.  That freed up another drawer for organizing my kitchen!

I looked under my kitchen sink at my cleaning products.  Holy Poison Control!  I edited the hell out of that crap and replaced it - gradually - with products that were more environmentally friendly, which made me FEEL responsible.

Remember this, my love.   Everything you edit into your life to bring on the feelings of bliss and happiness and contentment is a step in a beautiful direction.  Everything you can edit out of your life, opens up room for more beauty and joy to enter your world.  The more bliss, happiness, contentment, beauty and joy you bring into your world, the more you truly ARE living your perfect life.

So look around and shake things up a bit.  Leave me a comment below and share how you'll be editing in and editing out!

With carefully curated love,

Donna

PS!   If you'd like these messages delivered right to your inbox,  please enter your email address over on the right!   And if you have questions or would like to learn how we can work together, feel free to contact me any time at CuratedDonna@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment